Friday, May 23, 2008

Illness Sweeps in...

by,
Kathie Shoop

I want to start by saying how much I enjoyed CJ's post--that she ended up getting a lot of the information she needed purely by accident. That is wonderful when things turn out that way.

I don't have much of a post today. Being a person who has Multiple Sclerosis, I deal with feeling crappy nearly every day. I'm used to it, my standards for feeling great are so low that what was an average day for me ten years ago would be fantastic these days. So, two nights ago, when I woke with what has turned into a diabolical stomach flu, I was stunned at how sick a person could get.

The "can't get up and move part," I'm used to. I've simply learned to A. lay down for a while when I feel like that from either my injections or the disease itself and B. muddle through it because I'm not going to die afterall.

But, yesterday, added to that kind of lethargy was the most painful stomach ache I've ever had. For twenty-four hours, my stomach felt as though a laser was burning through it. I couldn't walk more than a few steps and laying there didn't do much either. I took several baths--the bouyancy somehow helps with stomach aches--but nothing helped. And, I was reminded yet again, just how bad things can get for people and that overall, I'm doing well on a daily basis.

Now that the stomach ache is gone and only the dizziness remains, I feel like I could run a marathon...now I just have to figure out how to keep my children from getting it.

How about you guys? Have you had any relatively short (it lasted--the horrible parts--for 24 hours) but awful, make you think you actually might die flu-like illnesses?

14 comments:

Annette said...

Oh, goodness, yes. I also tend to muddle through when I feel crappy, but sometimes the body just slaps you silly and says "REST!" Even without MS. Sheesh, you amaze me, girl.

But what I remember more than my own flu bugs are my hubby's. Tough guy that he is, when he's sick, he's a miserable, snarly old bear. I'd rather be the victim than the zookeeper any day.

Feel better, Kathie.

Joyce Tremel said...

Annette, I am so with you on that! I'd much rather be sick myself.

Hang in there, Kathie.

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better, Kathie. Spring flus are nasty.

Wilfred Bereswill said...

Last year I somehow got strep throat and an ear infection while on a business trip in Southern China. Even with my meager Chinese language skills and a good translator, I could not get the meaning of antibiotic across. I wound up with all kinds of Chinese herbal medicines that I was scared stiff to take.

Finally, I managed to get about 10 Clarithomyocin pills which I only took out of desperation. They kind of got me through the remaining 7 days, but the 22 hour flight home was miserable.

Hope you feel better soon, Kathie.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your flu and adventures in MS. I recently had a stomach virus, no pain, but I just couldn't eat for five days. That's the only way I can lose weight. It's very frustrating to feel so yucky all the time, especially in a society where we're expected to produce all the time.

Have you read any of the Louise Hay books? They're encouraging.

Kally RTose said...

Eliz Keto Go easy on the salt, limit high fat foods, replace red meat with lean poultry and fish, and drink lots of water. Don't skip meals, especially breakfast, as that's the meal that wakes up your metabolism and gets it going for the rest of the day.

Natalie Portman said...

LNG Active Male Enhancement celery increases the amount of androsterone that is evaporated and thereby smelled by the opposite sex, enhancing your love making to a new

Kate Beckinsale said...

lng active male enhancement reviews Are you having a difficult time choosing the right kind of male enhancement that can guarantee you thean easy job that you can effortlessly pull off without any problem.

Kate Winslet said...

Keto Jolt difficult to do. As she may experience judgment, criticism, or even toward her weight loss goals. Obviously without becoming aware of this resistance, and making the necessary changes, the

Judi Dench said...

Wonder Full Keto The best way to lose weight is not to crash diet or have bursts of exercise, but to make slow changes. The best way to make these changes and stick to them is to make a weight loss program. This can be used to set out your targets, how you are going to achieve them, and changes as they occur.

Endy Mist said...

Slim x genie keto milk, cutting out snacks etc. You should also choose a weight loss program that encourages gradual

Judi Dench said...

Keto 10x the minimum, lift 31.5 kilogram weights after two weeks.
Keep a record. Keep a document of your food intakes and the things that hinders you to your weight loss. This record is effective in tracking your food intake, activity, and lifestyle. In this way, you will have a better plan and idea on how to approach your weight loss goal better. However, do not be too overly conscious in taking a record. It is not good to overdo the recording responsibility or else you will

Endy Mist said...

Control X Keto Take joy in small progress. Acknowledge yourself when you have done little and consistent weight loss progresses. Do not be too harsh on yourself if you cannot shed off pounds that easily. The key here is consistently several exercises; it may be due to the muscles you build. Remember that muscles are heavier than due to fats or due to muscles.

Judi Dench said...

Mega Keto Diet loss plans I place them on for fast, healthy weight release.